Release Date: November 19, 2013
* Both complete albums + 19 previously unreleased bonus tracks.
* Remastered under the supervision of Eric â€œRoscoeâ€ Ambel.
* 2 CDs in a double digi-pack.
* 40 page booklet.
If you don’t know The Bottle Rockets, there’s no better time to get acquainted.” – SPIN
Bottle Rockets and The Brooklyn Side are collected here as a remastered two-CD deluxe reissue set of the long out-of-print albums, with an additional 19 previously unreleased tracks. The package consists of an extensive 40-page booklet detailing the band in full context of the â€˜90s alt- scene, with editorial contributions from respected peers and fellow musicians such as Steve Earle, Patterson Hood,Lucinda Williams, and many others. Both reissued albums and bonus material have been meticulously remastered under the supervision of famed producer and musician Eric â€œRoscoeâ€ Ambel.
Bottle Rockets was originally released in 1993 and was the first true showing of the band’s signature country-aware, rough and ragged rock â€˜n’ roll style, matched with Henneman’s blue-collar songwriting skills, with lyrics depicting the life, struggle and dark humors of everyday people. The eponymous album notably features back-up vocal performances from former members of Uncle Tupelo:Jeff Tweedy (now of Wilco) and Jay Farrar (Son Volt). Bonus tracks include original demos from Henneman, both solo and backed by the members of Uncle Tupelo, acoustic demos, and Chicken Truck/pre-Bottle Rockets-era recordings.
In 1994, The Brooklyn Side came out to a relatively greater amount of significant success, marked both by its stature in the now burgeoning alt- movement and as The Bottle Rockets’ most popular effort to date. Following the album release, the band later signed with major label Atlantic Records, toured widely, and reached a national audience with an appearance on Late Night with Conan O’Brien. Bonus songs for The Brooklyn Side reissue include acoustic demos, unreleased tracks from the album sessions, and live recordings from the era.
1. Early in the Morning
2. Gas Girl
3. Trailer Mama
4. Wave That Flag
6. Every Kinda Everything
7. Got What I Wanted
8. Manhattan Countryside
9. Rural Route
10. Bud Nanney Theme
11. The Very Last Time
12. Hey Moon
13. Lonely Cowboy
14. Indianapolis (1991 Acoustic Demo with Uncle Tupelo’s Jeff Tweedy & Jay Farrar)
15. Manhattan Countryside (1991 Acoustic Demo with Uncle Tupelo’s Jeff Tweedy & Jay Farrar)
16. Wallflower (1991 Acoustic Demo with Uncle Tupelo’s Jeff Tweedy & Jay Farrar)
17. Idiot’s Revenge (1991 Acoustic Demo with Uncle Tupelo’s Jeff Tweedy & Jay Farrar)
18. Dead Dog Memories (Acoustic Demo)
19. Hey Moon (1993 Radio Performance on Thirsty Ear)
20. Get Down River (1993 Radio Performance on Thirsty Ear)
21. White Trash (1989 Chicken Truck Version)
22. Radar Gun (1989 Chicken Truck Version)
23. Lonely Cowboy (1989 Chicken Truck Version)
24. Coffee Monkey (1989 Chicken Truck Version)
25. Wave That Flag (1989 Chicken Truck Version)
26. Brand New Year (1989 Chicken Truck Version)
1. Welfare Music
2. Gravity Fails
3. I’ll Be Comin’ Around
4. Radar Gun
5. Sunday Sports
6. Pot of Gold
7. 1000 Dollar Car
8. Idiot’s Revenge
9. Young Lovers in Town
10. Take Me to the Bank
11. What More Can I Do
12. Stuck in a Rut
13. I Wanna Come Home
14. Queen of the World
15. This Is What It Sounds Like When You’re Listening to Lindsey Buckingham and Thinking of Your Friend’s Girlfriend at the Same Time (1994 Acoustic Demo)
16. Building Chryslers (1994 Acoustic Demo)
17. Smokin’ 100s Alone (1994 Acoustic Demo)
18. Truck Driving Man (Previously Unreleased Track)
19. Welfare Music (1994 Live at Mercury Lounge)
20. Farmer John (1994 Live at Mercury Lounge)