We’re looking for people to host Say Hi Living Room Shows in September and October. These shows are hosted in private spaces. No stage, no sound system. Each show limited to 40-60 people. Please read details below and get in touch right away if you are in or near one of these cities and can host a show.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: July 6
Tickets on sale Wednesday August 1 @ 3pm eastern/ 2pm central / 1pm mountain / 12pm pacific HERE
September 14 : Vancouver, BC
September 15 : Portland OR
September 16 : San Francisco CA
September 17 : OFF
September 18 : OFF
September 19 : OFF
September 20 : Los Angeles CA
September 21 : San Diego CA
September 22 : Phoenix AZ
September 23 : Albuquerque NM
September 24 : Dallas TX
September 25 : Austin TX
September 26 : Baton Rouge LA
September 27 : Columbus MS
September 28 : Atlanta GA
September 29 : Raleigh NC
September 30 : Alexandria, VA
October 1 : Philadelphia PA
October 2 : OFF
October 3 : New York NY
**October 4 : Boston MA – NEED HOST
October 5 : Montreal QC
October 6 : Toronto ON
October 7 : Pittsburgh PA
October 8 : Cleveland OH
October 9 : Detroit MI
October 10 : Nashville TN
October 11 : Indianapolis IN
October 12 : Chicago IL
October 13 : St. Paul MN
October 14 : Kansas City MO
October 15 : Denver CO
October 16 : Salt Lake City UT
October 17 : Missoula MT
October 18 : Seattle WA
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for about three hours and in return you’ll get 5 free tickets for your friends and our eternal gratitude.
1. Please read everything below so you know how it works.
2. email email@example.com this info:
– a. Your address.
– b. A few photos of your living room.
– c. Please put “Say Hi Living Room Show” and the name of your city and country in the subject line.
3. Sit tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible if we can book the show at your house.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house, loft, small gallery, studio or other intimate space where we can do a private show that can comfortably and safely host 40-60 people. There needs to be street parking, parking garage or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside.
2. Ticket price will be $20. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. These shows sell out quickly and we want everyone to have a fair opportunity to buy tickets.
3. We’ll provide the host with a list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask guests to arrive between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 guests who want to come to the show you should direct them buy tickets on-line.
5. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
7. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show and make you a host of the event so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post your address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets. We need to keep the location private so random people don’t try to show up and pay at the door.
8. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All you need is an open heart, a space for Eric to perform and some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer.
9. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we let guests know they should bring a cushion, pillow or folding chair to sit on during the show.
10. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
11. We love dogs and cats, we really do! But an excitable pet running around during the show can be distracting for the guests and performers. If you have curious and friendly 4-legged family members, would you be ok with putting them in another part of the house or sending them to a friend’s house during the show?
* Photo By: Jenny Jimenez